Friday, October 28, 2011

candy corn party.

i decided to keep up the tradition of a fall party for my little ones this year.  last year i did a halloween themed party.  it was way fun.  i decided to switch things up a little and go with a candy corn theme.  as soon as candy corn hits the shelves i buy a bag.  then after the bag i'm spent for the rest of the season.  but you can be so creative with those three little colors that i just had to give the tablescape a try.  plus my little man loves having parties so it was a must.  it turned out great and was a blast to put together.

the tablescape:


 candy corn suckers:

dipped marshmallows....in candy corn colors of course:

rice crispie treats.  I thought sprinkles would be a little less monotonous than food coloring.  i love how they turned out:

cupcakes.  hard to tell in the photo but the cake was yellow and orange:

pudding cups:

pineapple, mandarin oranges and marshmallows:

had to have some of the real thing!

white chocolate popcorn:

i spray painted some old bottles to look like candy corn.  i'm obsessed with how they turned out.  i can see many more bottles being spray painted in the near future...

for lunch the kids had some "candy corn pizza":

 the kids each popped a treat-filled balloon:

they also each did a little tissue paper candy corn craft.  this is one of the little friends.  so adorable:

all of the kids had a blast, especially mine.  i'm already looking forward to next year's fall party:)

5 comments:

  1. How fun is that!! I wish I could come to all your parties ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of the cutest parties! Love the color combo. AND candy corn theme!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are amazing! I wish I lived closer so we could come to these cool parties!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aubs you are so amazing!! I miss you so much!! Now that you dont have a Facebook I don't even get to see your kids anymore!!! I am dying!! I hope you are doing well!!! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete